Product Reviews

Bought it, Forgot it: March 2015

March 4, 2015

Hi Everyone!

I have been on a no-buy for the last little while and that means it’s the perfect time to shop my stash for stuff I just haven’t been reaching for. When I find myself getting bored, it’s almost like my makeup drawers need a good shake to remind me of some of the stuff I have and just haven’t used. So that’s what we’re doing today. I’ve went through my collection and picked out some items that have been left out for a little while and I’m going to keep them out to remind myself to use them over the course of March. I recently did do a purge and gave some stuff that I knew I wouldn’t use to my friends so this is stuff that I can’t part with, but still am not using. It’s all good stuff and I hope that I fall back in love with this stuff in March.

NYX Studio Liquid Liner

IMG_6420

The first product that has been slightly neglected is the NYX Studio Liquid Liner. I was obsessed with this about a year ago, but since getting comfortable with gel liner, I haven’t picked this up. It’s super black and has a super fine brush tip, i just need to reacquaint myself with liquid liner over gel. Hopefully I can master winged liner with this because I almost never wear liner without a wing since I have rounder eyes and winged liner is much more flattering.

L’Oreal Infallible Eyeshadow- Bronzed Taupe

IMG_6418

This shadow is beautiful and I loved it when I had a pair of blue coloured contacts in the summer and early fall, but since then I just haven’t seemed interested in this. It still looks nice on my hazel eyes so I would like to bring this out again. It’s slightly cooler toned which also might be why I haven’t worn it since I love warm shades. These shadows are great quality so there’s really no reason for this to be shoved in the back of a drawer.

Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette

IMG_6410

Okay so this one I’m really not sure I can make myself love. I literally have not picked this up to use in a look since my 21st birthday dinner which was nearly 9 months ago. This was the first Naked Palette I bought and the one that drew me in the most and I just never use this. There is nothing wrong with the quality of the shadows, but I think the tone of the shadows is why I don’t ever use this. I’m so pale that a lot of these shades can look pretty smokey and dark on me and since they’re cool toned it comes across pretty dramatic for daytime. I am really going to work to find a way to make this work for me. Before adding this to regrets, I’m going to give this a shot.

NYX Butter Glosses

IMG_6421

Pictured: Eclair

I was looking through my lip gloss tray and I came across these NYX lip glosses which prompted me to include them in this post. I haven’t been wearing lip gloss at all lately, not just these so it’s kind of a reminder to wear gloss in general. I picked this brand because these are great glosses that aren’t sticky or too thick. If I’m going to wear a gloss, then these are probably what I would most likely wear.

Nars Blush- Orgasm

IMG_6413

And we’ve come to another product that I’m giving one last shot. This is the infamous Orgasm Blush. I bought this purely due to all the hype and at this point it really isn’t living up to it. I’m hoping that making a point to use this will help me see what all the hype is about because right now it’s just a gritty, overly shimmery blush that I never use.

Too Faced Lip Injection Color Bomb- Bee Sting

IMG_6422

The next product was actually part of the Too Faced Holiday 2013 collection. The shade was limited edition but the product can be bought separately. I wore this so much when I first got it, when I had very little lip options. I retried this on today and I like the shade so I’m going to try and start using this again.

Nars Virtual Domination Cheek Palette

IMG_6423

The last item that I want to use more is the newest out of all of this month’s items. I got this around Christmas and I was really impressed by the quality of these blushes. I actually have no idea why I don’t reach for this, so hopefully I will rediscover it this month.

So there you have it, that’s all my products for the month. Wish me luck! Let me know in the comments below what products you love but are neglecting. I will be checking in at the end of the month to let you all know how it went!

Bye for now,

Chelsey

You Might Also Like

27 Comments

• Reply Lauren March 4, 2015 at 3:47 pm

I’ve definitely being neglecting all my naked palettes recently, I love them all but I just haven’t had the time for eyeshadow which sucks! I also have to agree on Nars orgasm as thats being left gathering dust in my drawers too!

• Reply Chelsey March 4, 2015 at 4:28 pm

Ya and they’re good shadows so I wish I reached for them more. You should try this along with me!

• Reply Lauren March 4, 2015 at 5:00 pm

I know! Thats a good idea! I definitely need to start getting more wear out of some of my makeup πŸ™‚

• Reply beautybyburdess March 4, 2015 at 4:06 pm

I like the idea of shopping through products you already own! I really need to do this before I go shopping again!

• Reply Chelsey March 4, 2015 at 4:29 pm

It’s a great way to rediscover things as your makeup style changes. At least that’s what’s happened to me over time.

• Reply V March 4, 2015 at 4:25 pm

I love the butter glosses, but had to remind myself to reach for them too! The colors I bought over the summer looked better with a tan, so I haven’t been reaching for them as often

• Reply Chelsey March 4, 2015 at 4:30 pm

I am the exact same, I have 2 coral coloured ones so I will probably use those more over the summer. But with spring coming I think trying to get back into gloss will be perfect. I don’t wear a ton of gloss in the winter.

• Reply thebeautysanctuary March 4, 2015 at 4:43 pm

Please do a review of the butter gloss! x

• Reply Chelsey March 4, 2015 at 4:56 pm

I will definitely update on how it goes and give a mini-review!

• Reply allanahdoesbeauty March 4, 2015 at 5:11 pm

I’m the exact same with the Naked 2 palette – I just don’t find it wearable for everyday use so end up forgetting about it, ashame as it cost so much! x

• Reply Chelsey March 4, 2015 at 5:22 pm

I’m hoping I can figure out how to wear it for daytime and if I can I might post what I come up with. The 2nd one is the hardest to use of the 3 in my opinion.

• Reply allanahdoesbeauty March 4, 2015 at 5:34 pm

Glad I subscribed then! Yeah definitely, I feel like there wasn’t that much thought put into it compared to the other 2

• Reply Chelsey March 4, 2015 at 5:39 pm

I like the first one the best. I gives me the most variety and works for daytime. But I haven’t picked that up in a little while either.

• Reply Alexis Ruiz March 4, 2015 at 5:39 pm

Omg I love this little segment here haha. Bought it, forgot it. I always do that with products. I have products I haven’t opened since I got them in January. I need to stop doing that. I was going to get Nars Orgasm, but I found one that is much cheaper and prettier. (Sleek’s Rose Gold Blush). I love it, it’s amazing and so worth the price. NYX Butter glosses, haven’t tried them, but I have tried their Intense Butter Glosses and they are amazing β™₯, so I probably won’t be picking up those anytime soon.

• Reply Chelsey March 4, 2015 at 5:43 pm

I go through phases sometimes where I use something for a while and then as soon as I get something like it, the old one goes to the back of the drawer. I think my makeup style has changed over time so that’s probably why. I’m hoping this will help me with not buying new makeup for a little while

• Reply alb343 March 4, 2015 at 10:46 pm

I love this post! It’s so clever! I too, neglect my NARS orgasm blush, I’m guilty of buying it just because of the hype around it and i never use it because it doesn’t suit me all that well! I don’t have any of the Naked Palette’s, but I do think the shades on the 2 aren’t as good as the original. xx

• Reply Chelsey March 4, 2015 at 10:51 pm

Thank you! I can’t take full credit for the idea of course, but it’s fun to see what people use and don’t use. I hope other people pick up the idea and dig through their collections as well!

• Reply MaggieMay March 4, 2015 at 11:42 pm

The naked 2 pallet I end up using the same colors every time. Honestly I can now say that I should have saved my money 6 months ago. I should have bought a quad with the colors I know I would use instead.

My problem is probably that I barley wear makeup on a daily basis, I need it to be as simple as possible on weekdays.

• Reply Chelsey March 4, 2015 at 11:48 pm

As of right now I feel the same. Hopefully this will help me use it!

• Reply MaggieMay March 5, 2015 at 12:07 am

Its currently the only eyeshadows I have, except for one Dior cream thing that I mainly use- it’s easy on the go.

• Reply dolledupbyj March 4, 2015 at 11:45 pm

I hope you enjoy your NARS palette! I also totally agree about the Naked 2 being too cool-toned. I always prefer the original naked for day because it just looks more natural!

xo J

• Reply Chelsey March 4, 2015 at 11:49 pm

Thank you, I hope so too. I’m stumped on that one, I don’t know why I don’t use it.

• Reply A Daydream Love March 5, 2015 at 1:11 pm

Love these products!
    Rechael

• Reply melmelmelissa March 11, 2015 at 2:21 pm

Hey Chellllssseeyyy, I nominated you for the Liebster award, check it out here and make sure to answer the questions πŸ™‚ http://melissameetsmakeup.com/2015/03/11/liebster-award/

• Reply Chelsey March 11, 2015 at 2:30 pm

Hi Melissa! Thanks for the nomination, I don’t actually qualify, but I appreciate the nomination! πŸ™‚ That was really nice of you.

• Reply Bought it, Forgot it March 2015: Results | Makeup By Chelsey April 8, 2015 at 12:43 am

[…] I spent the month of March trying to re-love products that are pretty untouched in my collection. I’ll admit that some of these products were a complete fail and in all it wasn’t a great month for discovering ‘old’ things. But I did really confirm what my makeup style is so I suppose that’s a positive of this challenge. Anyway, I promised an update here it goes! If you missed the original post, click here! […]