Skincare

Final Clarisonic Update

April 17, 2015

Hi Everyone!

I’m going to complete my Clarisonic skin journey series today. It’s been about 3 weeks since I last updated and a lot has changed since that update and not for good sadly. So today I’m going to close out the series with my final thoughts.

i have been enjoying the Clarisonic over the last 5 weeks, but I’m really starting to think it’s not for me. This might not make sense since my 2 updates were so positive, but I started to notice some not so positive elements over the last 3 weeks. Going back to why I originally got the Clarisonic, I originally got it solely for some texture on my cheeks. I was hopeful that over time of using this it would address that, since there was really nothing else I got it for. Although it hadn’t addressed that, I had no issue being patient. I started to notice around Easter that the bumps that were nothing more than texture, were now very sore and itchy. So I figured I’d been overdoing it using it every day and I stopped using it for a few days when I wasn’t wearing makeup anyway. Well the soreness and itchiness cleared up right away, but I figured using it occasionally should be fine.

Now it seems like I can’t use this at all without it making the texture more noticeable along with sore and itchy. I thought about maybe getting a softer brush head, but if it’s even more gentle I don’t see it addressing the initial problem I got it for. So as much as I enjoyed this, I just don’t think it’s the right product for me. For someone who has actual acne that they’d like to clear, then maybe this would be more suitable but it just didn’t tackle my issue. I did enjoy this and it is still a great product with many success stories behind it, but just not mine. It sucks because I had such high hopes and I initially felt great about it, but if it’s making my skin irritated and not improving it, I don’t see a reason to keep it. I did like this to remove my makeup, but with it’s price tag I can’t justify keeping it just for that, even if I did get a softer brush head. It’s bizarre because it makes the rest of my skin soft, but irritates my cheeks. I even tried less time on my cheeks but that didn’t solve the issue either.

So I will continue to hunt for a product that can address my skin bumps/texture. My hope is that it will clear on it’s own like it has in the past so fingers crossed for that. But, if anyone has any suggestions for products please let me know. Despite my experience I wouldn’t deter anyone from purchasing a Clarisonic, as everyone is different.

Anyway that wraps up my experience with the Clarisonic! Despite the fact that it didn’t end like I’d hope it was still good to try it as I’ve wanted to forever. Let me know your experience down below!

Bye for now!

Chelsey

You Might Also Like

20 Comments

• Reply thebeautifiedblogger April 17, 2015 at 8:30 pm

I 100% agree with you! I have the Clarisonic Aria that i bought a few years ago and have used it off and on! It always starts off great, but does not continuously provide good results and I stop using it! Try a Konjac sponge. I use one and have repurchased the Boscia one many times! Totally worth it! Here’s a link: http://www.sephora.com/konjac-cleansing-sponge-P382345?keyword=BOSCIA%20Konjac%20Cleansing%20Sponge%20P382345&skuId=1544030&_requestid=222257
    I like the original one, but there are different kinds to target different skin types! 🙂

• Reply Chelsey April 17, 2015 at 8:32 pm

I wanted it to work so badly! Thank you so much for the suggestion! I am definitely going to give this a try.

• Reply thebeautifiedblogger April 17, 2015 at 8:36 pm

Oh, I did too – Kept trying and kept hating it! I hope you love the Konjac sponge!!! Good luck! <3

• Reply Chelsey April 17, 2015 at 8:38 pm

Thank you! If it works its a way cheaper option for sure

• Reply sarmichell3 April 17, 2015 at 11:37 pm

I love the clarisonic but I agree it’s not for everyone. Maybe you would like the foreo ! Look into it 🙂

• Reply Chelsey April 17, 2015 at 11:44 pm

Ya I really wanted it to work and I’m pretty disappointed. I will definitely look further into the Foreo, I’m curious how it’s different from the Clarisonic. Thank you for the suggestion!

• Reply sarmichell3 April 18, 2015 at 12:20 am

Its EXTREMELY GENTLE. So very good for sensitive skin. People who use the clarisonic and it doesn’t work .. They switch to the foreo.

• Reply Chelsey April 18, 2015 at 12:24 am

Hmm I will definitely do some homework on that then! Thank you again

• sarmichell3 April 18, 2015 at 12:26 am

Ya I hope you find something that works! Let me know xo

• Chelsey April 18, 2015 at 12:28 am

I for sure will!

• Reply Eilidh❤️ April 18, 2015 at 4:17 am

Great review! I’m glad people can be honest when writing negative reviews. I just found your blog and it’s so pretty! Would you mind checking out mine?💖

• Reply Chelsey April 18, 2015 at 12:24 pm

As much as I hoped (and thought) it would end positively I had to be honest. And I will definitely check out your blog 🙂

• Reply Eilidh❤️ April 18, 2015 at 12:45 pm

Thank you so much!❤️

• Reply Chelsey April 18, 2015 at 12:46 pm

It says that the site was deleted. Can you leave me a link to your blog so I can check it out?

• Reply thebeautyarchive April 18, 2015 at 8:59 pm

Such a bummer that it didn’t work out for you! I love mine, though about the bumps you might consider chemical exfoliation because it’s gentler than physical exfoliation. Something like ROC retinol might be a good buy, if I ever get any bumps (usually around my forehead) this clears it up and smooths my skins texture

• Reply Chelsey April 18, 2015 at 9:04 pm

Ya I was disappointed! I have considered going that route, something to resurface my skin so thank you for the suggestion!

• Reply makeup_by_makena April 19, 2015 at 8:49 pm

I love how creative your blog is! I nominated for you the Creative Bloggers Award, so check out my blog for more information if you haven’t already done this tag. Congratulations!