Best Of:

MAC Must Haves

July 17, 2015
IMG_0453

Hi Everyone!

Lately I have been getting much more into MAC so I thought I’d share some must-try products. If you’re new to MAC or overwhelmed by the vast choices they offer hopefully this will be useful to you. If you already know and love MAC then maybe this will give you some more ideas of what to add to your collection. I haven’t tried a MAC foundation because there has never been one that has appealed to me so I can’t really give suggestions there, but if you have a must have MAC foundation feel free to leave your suggestion in the comments below. That goes for any MAC products I don’t mention of course too.

Fix+

IMG_0455

This one is a no brainer for me. I use Fix+ on a daily basis to hydrate my face, settle powder and to foil eyeshadows. It has so many uses and a bottle lasts a long time. Many people think it’s a setting spray, but it’s more of a skin refresher. It’s not meant to prolong the wear of your makeup, but rather make everything settle and look fresh. Definitely if you’re new to MAC, try out the travel size of this and I’m sure you’ll see how handy this is.

Cantaloupe Blush

IMG_0466

Everyone needs at least 1 neutral blush in their collection. The kind of shade that you can put on with any eye look and it will just work. For me, that shade is Cantaloupe. This just goes with everything, finishes a look but doesn’t compete with anything else on the face.

Peaches Blush

IMG_0476

Since it’s summer right now in Canada I’m really into bronzed skin and peachy blushes go perfectly with glowy bronzed skin. My go to peach blush is without a doubt Peaches. It’s a matte pure peach shade that i grab for all year around, but particularly during the warmer months. I like that it doesn’t have any shimmer so I can place it only where I want it with a highlighter.

Lipstick- Diva

IMG_0494

Dark lips are one of my favourite makeup statements and Diva is a shade I reach for pretty often in the fall and winter. It’s a deep burgundy wine shade that can be deepened with a dark purple lip pencil or softened with a red lip pencil. It’s a statement either way, but it can be customized to suit your mood. I usually go dark or go home but I appreciate the versatility of this shade. I’ve said this before, but if you have blue eyes you need this shade STAT. It contrasts beautifully with blue eyes and creates a sexy vixen look.

Edge to Edge Lip Pencil

IMG_0499

I feel like I have mentioned this endlessly so I’ll keep this brief. This is such a multi-purpose lip liner and it’s a staple for me. If you’re going to buy a lip liner from MAC I definitely recommend this one.

Lipstick-Runway Hit

IMG_0497

This lipstick is a recent add to my collection, but I haven’t worn another lip colour since I bought this. This is the perfect light peachy coral shade. It’s what I wanted the Stila Stay All Day Liquid Lipstick in Bellissima to be, but if you’ve been reading for a while you know that shade looks terrible on me. This has been my go to summer shade. It’s part of MAC’s Matte Lip Collection but it’s permanent which is great because I never want to be out of this shade.

Lipstick- Pink Plaid

IMG_0487

Pink Plaid is one of my favourite MAC lipsticks. It’s one of those shades you can put with almost anything and it will go. It’s a classic blue toned pink that makes your teeth look white and compliments my fair skin. I feel like every collection needs a lip colour that will go with basically any eye look. It doesn’t necessarily need to be from MAC of course but I really enjoy MAC’s matte lipstick formula.

Lipstick- Kinda Sexy

IMG_0485

I haven’t owned this lipstick for long but it is totally my kind of shade. I love peachy nudes on my skin tone as opposed to lighter nudes as I find they can wash me out. This is a peachy brown nude that’s not too dark for someone as pale as I am. This is also great mixed with Pink Plaid for a slightly pinkier lip.

Cream Color Base- Shell

IMG_0465

I own a couple highlights from MAC but Shell is one of my favourites. It’s a lightweight cream product that makes a great base for a super glowy look. I like to top this with a powder highlight but it’s fine on it’s own as well.

Tan Pigment

IMG_0505

Rose gold is one of my favourite shades to wear on my hazel eyes and tan is my favourite rose gold I own. I know that there are dupes for this, but I find that they come across orange on me whereas Tan doesn’t cast orange and stays on the pink side which I prefer.

Blue Brown Pigment

IMG_0509

Blue brown pigment is my other favourite MAC pigment. It’s my favourite shade to wear in a smokey eye since I love warm shades. The red brown that is underneath comes out when you blend it which makes it a great one shadow shade as well. This shade is talked about a lot but I think that’s for good reason, it’s beautiful.

So there you have it! These are my MAC must haves that I’ve discovered this far. What are some of your faves?

Bye for now,

Chelsey

You Might Also Like

27 Comments

• Reply theworldofcos July 17, 2015 at 1:03 am

Great picks! My favorite MAC products would be their MAC Craving lipstick and their Kohl Eyeliner.Have a wonderful weekend!

• Reply Chelsey July 17, 2015 at 1:04 am

I haven’t tried either of those, I’ll have to add them to my list, thanks!

• Reply TheMakeupCase17 July 17, 2015 at 1:14 am

Fix+ is definitely like a finishing spray to make your makeup look more natural as opposed to an actual
    Setting spray. I like using it to dampen my Beauty Blender sometimes. I love their Pro Longwear foundation. And I’m getting hooked on their lipsticks.

• Reply TheMakeupCase17 July 17, 2015 at 1:15 am

Oh and that blue brown pigment…. YASSS. But I have 2 dupes I love (Prestige’s Hocus Pocus & Partridgr by ColourPop).

• Reply Chelsey July 17, 2015 at 1:16 am

It definitely has dupes! Duo chrome sucks me in every time!

• Reply Chelsey July 17, 2015 at 1:16 am

I will sometimes spray my beauty blender as well if I feel my skin is on the dry side. Or if I’m using a heavier foundation that I want to blend with my skin better. I haven’t tried the Pro along wear foundation I’ll have to get a sample

• Reply lizzielovesbeauty July 17, 2015 at 1:24 am

You picked some great products. I love rebel! I’ve repurchase it 3 times. I also use my tan pigment all the time. I always receive compliments when I wear it. Great job!

• Reply Chelsey July 17, 2015 at 11:08 am

Rebel is definitely a cult favourite! Thank you πŸ™‚

• Reply plus+beauty27 July 17, 2015 at 1:30 am

Love your choices! I have Diva and Kinda Sexy too. Great colors! Next on my list to buy is Pink Plaid. I have been wanting that shade for quite sometime! I really need to try some of their other products as well. I want to try some of their shadows and blushes. πŸ™‚

• Reply Chelsey July 17, 2015 at 11:10 am

Pink Plaid is definitely a must have and it looks great on fair girls like us! I don’t really own any MAC shadows. I love palettes so if I bought any I know I’d want a full palette but that would be expensive. Definitely give their blushes a look I love them!

• Reply plus+beauty27 July 17, 2015 at 6:42 pm

Pink Plaid is next on the list for sure! <3 Pink just seems to be a great color for us fair skin girls πŸ˜‰ I think I will probably try out a blush before a shadow. I'm also very interested i their Fix+ πŸ™‚

• Reply hellolavender July 17, 2015 at 3:59 am

I’ve never seen those blushes before but now I’m in love! I love d

• Reply hellolavender July 17, 2015 at 4:00 am

*Diva and Kinda sexy. Great post πŸ™‚ xx

• Reply Chelsey July 17, 2015 at 11:11 am

I love my MAC blushes and I reach for them super often. Kinda Sexy is a new favourite but Diva has been my go to fall shade for a long time now

• Reply JustJayBeauty July 17, 2015 at 7:48 am

Peaches is one of my favourite MAC blushes and Diva is probably my all time favourite lipstick. Great list! Jay x

• Reply Chelsey July 17, 2015 at 11:12 am

I definitely had to include them both! Thank you!

• Reply Bree July 17, 2015 at 9:24 am

Shell is one of the first MAC products I bought in high school! This post makes me want to pick it up again, it really is beautiful!

• Reply Chelsey July 17, 2015 at 11:13 am

Nostalgia! The first MAC product I ever bought was Creme Cup Lipstick. I don’t reach for it much anymore but it’s still special.

• Reply lipsticklovely July 17, 2015 at 5:57 pm

That blue brown pigment is STUNNING! I love how unique it is, I may have to pick that up! haha

• Reply Chelsey July 17, 2015 at 5:59 pm

It is so beautiful! It comes in a sample size which is what I have which makes it only $10US $12 CAD which is really good

• Reply ABeautifulWhim July 18, 2015 at 12:36 pm

Excellent choices. Some of my favorites. I love Fix+

• Reply Chelsey July 18, 2015 at 12:45 pm

Fix+ is such a staple!

• Reply alexandreawest July 18, 2015 at 12:38 pm

I love all of those products!

• Reply Chelsey July 18, 2015 at 12:47 pm

MAC can be a little bit overwhelming at first and I hate having to ask for the products but once you get used to it they have so many great products

• Reply Queensland Esthetic Studio September 11, 2015 at 7:46 am

Thank you for sharing ……………..